Why would anyone care to read your work? Academic writing is successful when it answers the “So What” question by providing answers to the following questions:
- What is the issue?
- What are the specific questions surrounding the issue?
- What is the context and background of the issue?
- Why does the issue matter?
- Why is it a problem?
- Why is it important to solve it?
- Where are you going to look for answers?
- Why are you going to look there?
- Why should the reader care?
Read more: www.academiccoachingandwriting.org