Getting started is one thing but once you start writing and getting stuck is another. Try any one of the strategies below to help you get “unstuck”:
- Change your writing method: Use pen and paper instead
- Change your writing time: If you are morning person, most probably you write during this time. However, if you get stuck, try writing in the evening or at night. Breaking the routine might help
- Leapfrog: You might want to stop writing sequentially. Try jumping around your draft to the next section that interests you first. Fill the gaps when you are ready
- Talk to a colleague: Sometimes having a discussion with colleagues might trigger ideas or better ideas.
- Prepare a lecture: Imagine you have to present a paper the next day. How would you organise and present the information?
Reference: Write that Phd