The word ‘Research’ itself can be very intimidating, scary and confusing to even get started. It is not as hard as you think but involves processes, if done right from the beginning, could save you lot of time and hassle. Check out the steps:
Step 1: Identify your research interests
Students should ask themselves the following questions:
- Which areas of research/class topics interest them?
- Any specific project in mind to get started with?
- What kind of skills do they have? What skills would they like to acquire?
Good to choose research topics based on your interests. You need to enjoy what you are doing!
Step 2: Find a potential Supervisor
- Visit the dean of chosen faculty to find out who may be doing work in your area of interest.
- Get in touch or Talk to your professors to see if they are interested in your research area.
Make sure you have several potential supervisors in mind, just in case your first choice is unable to work with you.
Read more: Get Started in Research